Attorney John C. Hafley is an attorney who is devoted to serving the people of Montgomery, Walker, and surrounding counties. As a criminal defense attorney and a former Assistant District Attorney for Walker County, John is experienced with both sides of a criminal trial. Mr. Hafley will fully investigate your criminal case and ensure that the prosecution doesn't overstep their bounds and tread on your rights to defense. John Hafley is experienced in defending clients who have criminal case ranging from class C misdemeanors to aggravated, violent crimes. His training and experience both as a police officer and a prosecuting attorney has given him a keen and unique insight into the prosecution's case and knowledge of what procedures they must uphold to ensure a fair trial.
John has also handled civil cases involving child protective services, probate cases, deceptive trade practices, civil lawsuits, and family law. He promises to handle these tough situations that you are in by giving you an honest assessment of your case.
John is an Iraqi war veteran and currently serves as a Colonel in the United States Army Reserves. Mr. Hafley understands what it means to serves and he wants to serve you. John graduated from South Texas College of Law. Prior to his legal education in Houston, John Hafley served as a police officer in Collinsville, Illinois and as a police officer in Huntsville, Texas. If you've been accused of a crime in Montgomery, Walker, or any of the surrounding counties, contact Attorney John C. Hafley today for a detailed, personal, free case evaluation.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 2007, J.D.
- The United States Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA, Master’s in Strategic Studies
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 1993
- Dean's List
- Theta Xi Fraternity
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Army ROTC
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
- Walker County Bar Association
- Texas District and County Attorney Association, 2010-2012, Member
- Texas Bar Association, 2007-present
- American Legion, Life Member
- Veteran of Foreign Wars, Life Member
- Reserve Officer Association, Life Member
Awards and Decorations:
- Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, and National Defense Medal
- Collinsville, IL Police Department Aggressive Criminal Enforcement Award
- Huntsville Police Department Medal of Valor, Commendation Medal, and Shooting Bar
Past Employment Positions:
- Collinsville, IL Police Department, 1996-1998
- Huntsville, TX Police Department, 1998-2002
- United States Army Reserves, 1991-present (Active Duty 2003-2010, and 2014-2016)
- Walker County, Texas Criminal District Attorney’s Office, 2010-2012